xri message

Subject: XRI and XDI TC charter updates (was RE: [xri] phone number in XRD?)

Funny you should mention that, Peter ;-) Per the minutes of the XRI/XDI
telecon today that I just sent to the list, our next priority for both TCs
is revision of our respective charters to set up our workplan for 2008 and
beyond. We made this the primary agenda item for our next call on Thursday,
Jan. 3rd.

I know I am not alone in wanting to see the XDI TC, after three years of
gestation, to move into spec mode now that the XRI 2.0 cycle is done. At
Internet Identity Workshop I had people who have been watching XDI TC work
for some time coming come and ask me for link contract specifications
because they want to implement them.

So our first step is updating our charters with a workplan for 2008. A
proposed XDI TC charter has been posted at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CharterRevision02 for some time now. I made
the commitment to post the XRI TC charter to the wiki next week so we can
work on it there.

I encourage everyone post-holidays to take some time and reflect on how you
would best like to see XRI and XDI TC work structured in the coming year, so
we can start digging into it in January.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a very Happy Holidays.

=Drummond