xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Minor issues in XRI Resolution v2.0 WD 12

Wil, thanks for the good eyes. See inline.

Good catch! You get eagle-eye-editor of the week award.

> Section 12: Figure 7: what are the boxes on the left labeled "Construct
> Next Authority Resolution Endpoint URI" and "Branch to Authority
> Resolution flowchart"? I may have misunderstood the text, but shouldn't
> it be "Construct Redirect HTTP URI" and "Request XRDS document"
> respectively?

In the first case, when you are "Constructing Redirect HTTP URI", that IS
the "Next Authority Resolution Endpoint URI". In other words, you're going
to use the URI, after construction, just like the Next Authority Resolution
Endpoint URI, which is why the next box says, "Branch to Authority
Resolution flowchart" because if you look at that flowchart, that is the
flowchart where you go through the XRDS request flow.

But I agree that the wording in the first case could be changed to make it
clearer. I'll do that.

> Section 12.4: Bullet #1 s/Ref processing is only be performed/Ref
> processing is only performed/

Another good catch. Fixed.

> Section 12.6: Bullet #4
> s/The same rules apply to the next recursion point as apply to the first
> recursion point
> /The same rules apply to the next recursion point as they apply to the
> first recursion point/

I don't get this one. The text as written seems correct. Am I missing
something?

> Also, what does it mean by "completely fails"? Does it simply mean "is
> not successful"?

Yes. But to clarify the wording, I just revised the sentence to say:

"The same rules apply to the next recursion point as apply to the first
recursion point, except that if all attempts to resolve a Redirect or Ref at
a next recursion point fail, the resolver MUST return to the previous
recursion point and continue trying any untried Redirects or Refs until
either it is successful or all Redirects or Refs have failed."

=Drummond