xri message

Subject: Examples of Statements of Use

I had an action item from the last TC telecon to provide examples of Statements of Use that are needed before an OASIS Standard vote (a minimum of 3, to be precise).

This statement must come from an OASIS Organizational member, and to my knowledge can be sent by any member of that organization who is also an OASIS member (it does not have to come from a member of the XRI TC, although those are the natural candidates).

The statement consists just of an email sent to the XRI TC mailing list.

Following is a template for such an email, followed by examples of actual SOUs for the EML (Emergency Management Language) specification vote late last year.

Please send your SOU for XRI Syntax 2.0 and XRI Resolution 2.0 to the XRI TC list NO LATER THAN APRIL 3.

Thanks,

=Drummond

================= EXAMPLE TEMPLATE FOR SOU FOR XRI 2.0 SPECS ==================

To the OASIS XRI Technical Committee:

[Name of OASIS Organizational Member Organization] is successfully using the XRI Syntax 2.0 and XRI Resolution 2.0 specifications and schemas in accordance with the conformance clauses specified in the XRI Resolution 2.0 specification. Our use [has|has not] included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations. [Optional description of the usage and/or the independent implementations that interoperated.]

[Name of Submitter]

[OASIS Organizational Member Affiliation]
[Contact Information]

============== EXAMPLE SOU FROM IBM BELGIUM ===============

Hi,

As requested:

We (IBM Belgium) are successfully using the EML specifications and schemas
in accordance with the conformance clauses specified in the Process and
Data Requirements document. Our use has included the interoperation of
multiple independent implementations (i.e. IBM Belgium - EDS).

Sven Rubben

IBM GBS
Tel: +32 2 225 27 47  BLS
 +32 495 26 13 10   GSM
Mail: Sven Rubben/Belgium/IBM@IBMBE
 sven_rubben@be.ibm.com
 srubben@acm.org

============== EXAMPLE SOU FROM OPT2VOTE ===============

John,

OPT2VOTE are successfully using the EML specifications and schemas in accordance with the conformance clauses specified in the Process and Data Requirements document.  Our use has included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations.

Regards,
Siobhan
Siobhan Donaghy
OPT2VOTE