xri message

Subject: RE: [xri-comment] Basic comment on XRI necessity and scope

Mr. Nebert,

Thank you very much for submitting your comment on XRI Resolution 2.0
Committee Draft 03.

Because work on XRI Resolution 2.0 has been ongoing for over two years, this
specification has been separated in time quite some distance from its base
specification, XRI Syntax 2.0, which was approved as an XRI Technical
Committee Specification in November 2005:

	http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15377

Being the first specification in the XRI suite, XRI Syntax 2.0 specification
contains more information about the motivations for XRI infrastructure and
how it differs from URN infrastructure. In addition, both XRI Syntax 2.0 and
XRI Resolution 2.0 contain references (in their Informative References
sections) to the two XRI TC documents that most deeply answer your
questions:

	OASIS XRI Technical Committee, XRI 2.0 FAQ
	http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xri/faq.php, Work-In-Progress,
March 2006.

	G. Wachob, D. Reed, M. Le Maitre, D. McAlpin, D. McPherson,
Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Requirements and Glossary v1.0,
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/2523/xri-requirements-and-
glossary-v1.0.doc, June 2003.

We hope these documents will address your concerns.

Best,

=Drummond
Drummond Reed
Cordance Corporation