xri message

Subject: Agenda: XRI TC Telecon 8-9AM PT Thursday 2008-09-18

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 18 September 2008 USA
Time:  8:00AM - 9:00PM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) XRI AND OPENID AUTHENTICATION 2.1

David Recordon, one of the OpenID Authentication 2.0 editors, is preparing a
charter for members of the OpenID community to begin work on OpenID
Authentication 2.1. One the potential items of that charter is how to deal
with XRI discovery. David would like our feedback on that option.

David will be able to join us for 15 minutes at 8:15AM PT. We'll start the
discussion at the start of the call and then sync with David when he joins.

2) XRDS DISCOVERY UPDATE

An update on multiple discussions taking place with regard to how the
http(s): URI version of XRDS discovery should evolve. Recommended
pre-reading is a blog post by Eran Hammer-Lahav:

	http://www.hueniverse.com/hueniverse/2008/09/discovery-and-h.html

3) W3C TAG DISCUSSION/ABSTRACT IDENTIFIER ARCHITECTURE PAGE

The TAG has placed the "URNsAndRegistries-50" issue, under which they have
classified XRI, at the start of the agenda of their F2F meeting.

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Sep/0077.html

We have noted to the discussion coordination group that we feel the
"URNsAndRegistries-50" issue -- which deals primarily with URNs and URN
namespaces -- is only tangential to XRI architecture. We feel the real
underlying issues are:

	a) Abstract identifier architecture and its relationship to concrete
identifier architecture.
	b) Standardizing metadata discovery, since abstract identifier
architecture (among other things) depends on this.

The TAG agenda references the wiki page we have started on the definition of
abstract identifier architecture:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/AbstractIdentifierArchitecture

The action item we have is to update this with as much additional
information as possible before the TAG meeting begins next Tuesday.