xri message

Subject: XRI tagging question

All:

One question about tagging in XRI. What should be considered a best
practice for tagging with metadata applied. For example in a project
we're working on now we would like to tag MP3s as (+mp3). So if we
wanted to include a snippet of an mp3 which would be considered a best
practice

@example*deposition/(+mp3/2:30/4:30)

  where 2:30sec is where the snippet starts and 4:30sec is where it
ends or

@example*deposition/(+mp3)/2:30/2

where 2:30sec is where the snippet starts and 2min is the length.

I intentionally mixed a specific endpoint vs a duration, to see if
there were any strong feelings one way or another (but it really
doesn't matter).

However the main question is should the stated endpoints or duration
be inside of the cross-reference tag or outside as a best practice??

Regards,

Nika