xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] XRI tagging question

Yes this is interesting.. I sometimes have similar questions when
working with XDI. In XDI, we can put quite a few special "tags" into
the XRIs, e.g. timestamp, version, language, datatype, etc.

For example, version 2 of an e-mail address definition in english
language with a string type could look like this:

+email$v$2$l$en$a$xsd$string

Or should it look like this?

+email$a$xsd$string$l$en$v$2

The example may not be 100% correct, but it shows how we have been
trying to put "tags" into the XRIs, in a similar way Nika suggests.
The interesting questions are in which order should they be, how does
the parser know when the tags start, etc.

Also note that the examples are in the proposed 3.0 syntax, but of
course this applies to 2.0 as well.

Markus