xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Metadata Discovery Coordination Group, an Introduction

Eran,

I completely agree that a uniform, web-wide solution for metadata discovery
can have tremendous benefits for many different technologies. Our experience
at the OASIS XRI TC has been that there are already uses of the XRDS and XRD
discovery formats that we never anticipated, and I think we still have only
touched the tip of the iceburg.

Thanks for establishing the metadata-discovery list as a neutral open forum
where participants in all the metadata discovery efforts can carry on
discussions.

One question: do you intend for this to replace the current XRDS-simple
Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/xrds-simple), i.e., will it go
away once interested participants have migrated here?

=Drummond