xri message

Subject: GCS Characters

I spent some time on the phone yesterday with Steve Churchill
reviewing the proposal on GCS symbols in XRI 3.0.

He reminded me that one of the original objections was allowing:
=drummond@microsoft.com
http://xri.net/=drummond@microsoft.com

This in 2.0 would be represented as:
=drummond*(@microsoft.com)
http://xri.net/=drummond*(@microsoft.com)

In removing the need for parenthesizing cross-references we run the
risk of people misconstruing direct concatenated XRI as email
addresses or otherwise trying to read the first XRI segment from right
to left.

The problem is alleviated slightly by having the XRI bound to a scheme.

This is a  social engineering problem rather than a actual resolution
issue.

Thoughts?

John B.