xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: Version identifier for XRD spec

Nat, RE your [Q1], I don't think OASIS mandates how schemas are versioned.
That's up to individual TCs (I'm trusting Mary or Robin will correct me if
I'm wrong.]

RE your [Q2], I think that it is also up to us when we make a version
change. Changing the schema would seem to be one of the conditions under
which we would definitely make a version change, but it does seem like other
spec changes could also trigger a version change (for example, as you
mentioned, verification rules).

Suggestion: since much of this seems to hinge around whether the XRD schema
retains a version attribute, why don't selector see if we can decide that
first.

1) Who has strong feelings one way or another about whether the XRD schema
should have a version attribute?

2) If so, should the use of the version attribute be required?

3) If there is a version attribute, who has strong feeling about it being
numeric (as it currently is in XRI Resolution 2.0)? Or a date value?

=Drummond