xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] RE: Version identifier for XRD spec

FWIW, I think that schema version is independent of specification
version.  the spec(s) can articulate which schema version is being
profiled.

=peterd

On Nov 24, 2008, at 2:18 AM, Drummond Reed wrote:

> Nat, RE your [Q1], I don't think OASIS mandates how schemas are
> versioned.
> That's up to individual TCs (I'm trusting Mary or Robin will correct
> me if
> I'm wrong.]
>
> RE your [Q2], I think that it is also up to us when we make a version
> change. Changing the schema would seem to be one of the conditions
> under
> which we would definitely make a version change, but it does seem
> like other
> spec changes could also trigger a version change (for example, as you
> mentioned, verification rules).
>
> Suggestion: since much of this seems to hinge around whether the XRD
> schema
> retains a version attribute, why don't selector see if we can decide
> that
> first.
>
> 1) Who has strong feelings one way or another about whether the XRD
> schema
> should have a version attribute?
>
> 2) If so, should the use of the version attribute be required?
>
> 3) If there is a version attribute, who has strong feeling about it
> being
> numeric (as it currently is in XRI Resolution 2.0)? Or a date value?
>
> =Drummond

Peter Davis: NeuStar, Inc.
Director & Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
45980 Center Oak Plaza Sterling, VA 20166
[T] +1 571 434 5516 [E] peter.davis@neustar.biz [W] http://www.neustar.biz/
  [X] xri://@neustar*pdavis [X] xri://=peterd
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
you have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.