xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] SimpleSign for estabilishing the authenticity of XRD.

This message never found any response.

However, I think it is pretty improtant to consider, especially for XRI
folks.

I like file based signature. I started off from there. Then, I stumbled
with the XRDS usecase, which cannot be done with this approach. That's
why I came up with the simple canonicalization method based XRD SimpleSign.

If we are to take this file based approach, we have to define how the
signature will work for XRDS.

Also, I would like to re-iterate that CanonicalID is not a usual domain
name (= re-assignable.)
It has to be a cool uri with fragments or i-number kind of ID that is
guarantee not to be re-assigned to another entity by the relevant CA.

It would not be stored in CN, I think. That is why I am using
SubjectUniqueIdentifier field that was defined in X.509v.2.

=nat