xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] XRD trusted discovery workflow

Ah!

My comments inline.

Peter Davis wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2008, at 6:13 PM, Sakimura Nat wrote:
>

>> That is, if it were http://example.com/alice and http://example.com/bob
>>  , then it should be example.com that signs this.
>>

> I am not sure that I agree completely on this for all cases.  take,
> for example:
>
>         https://example.com/foo/alice
>
> It is entirely plausible that the naming authority is /foo (not
> example.com).  Similarly, for:
>
>         https://foo.example.com/foo/alice
>
> the naming authority _could_ be any of:
>
>         foo.example.com/foo
>         foo.example.com
>         example.com
>
> all of which should be considered valid

Indeed. The above sentence was the summarization of Brian's approach.
Like John has explained, my approach differs that I believe each
identity should have a cert.

In that path, the current discussion is whether to revive
SubjectUniqueId or use SubjectAltName.
As long as there is a way to know that SubjectAltName indeed is a unique
name, I am fine with it.