xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] DNS XRD Discovery proposal

I like this thread.

We considered using SRV/DDDS waay long time ago for XRI resolution.
There were some practical issues we had at the time, and the feedback
we got was that it was too complicated.

Here's the original DDDS-based proposal (for resolving XRI authorities
segments):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200305/msg00062.html

It was some confusion and lack of positive feedback that caused me to
propose using HTTP as the "protocol" upon which resolution would be
built, and the rest is history (of some sort):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200309/msg00000.html

I only bring these up because I am amused by the great circles in
which this TC has traveled...