xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Pre-draft of "HTTP-based Resource Descriptor Discovery"

First, thanks a bunch! I'm so glad to see such an important piece of
the puzzle getting solved.

It looks like the only significant issue with the spec is how to use
resource descriptor discovery with site-meta. In particular, it is
not clear what the appropriate way to handle a non-http and non-https
link would be. Is it appropriate for an https uri to fall back to
http? What's the upcoming format? Does it actually specify the link-
template element (which isn't in draft-...-site-meta-00)? There is
too much ambiguity surrounding site-meta right now.

I'm really afraid of an informal draft of poco referencing an
informal draft of oauth-disco referencing an informal draft of xrd
referencing an informal draft of http-resource-desc-disco referencing
an informal draft of site-meta. Especially with people trying to
build opensocial containers which should implement that whole
informally specified stack. Shouldn't I be afraid?

http://josephholsten.com

smime.p7s

This is a digitally signed message part