xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Designating DNS discovery for non-HTTP URIs

Assuming I read your statements below correctly, I don't agree that "this will be a non-issue for HTTP".

If the spec has a "MUST check DNS and find a location for site-meta in there, or else fail" (the "Add DNS record to authorize" scenario from your previous message on this topic) then anybody who doesn't munge with DNS will not be able to use XRD properly, assuming their library implements the spec properly.

david