xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] <uri>element in <link> of XRD

How does it help? Can you give a use case?

EHL

From: John Bradley [mailto:jbradley@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:52 AM
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav
Cc: Nat Sakimura; XRI TC

If as we discussed on the call yesterday cannonicalID becomes Subject  as in "the subject of the XRD" then we should consider having SubjectType at the XRD level.

If the XRD is about the subject the type is really making a assertion about that subject.

If the value of SubjrctType is  "Person" then I am saying that the subject is an identifier for a person not a service etc.

I think this also works if the Subject is not explicitly stated in the XRD.

=jbradley