xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Proposed XRD schema

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Brian Eaton <beaton@google.com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM,  <njones@ouno.com> wrote:
> How would xsd:any work?

Libraries would wander through the XML looking for the appropriate
Link element based on Rel and ResourceType.  Once they found it, they
would return the entire Link element, and application code can then do
further investigation.

The schemas for individual Link types would include whatever XML
elements are necessary to supply interesting metadata.  For example:

      <ResourceType> http://spec.openid.net/auth/2.0/ux/popup </ResourceType>
      <height>500px</height>
      <width>450px</width>
</Link>

I agree that works inside Link elements, where the URI is tucked away neatly inside the Rel element, and thus separated from other potential metadata. But inside the SubjectType, it doesn't seem to work as nicely. It would look something like this:

<SubjectType>
https://spec.openid.net/auth/2.0/ux/popup
<height>500px</height>
<width>450px</width>
</SubjectType>

Is that the same as this:

<SubjectType>
https://spe
<height>500px</height>
c.openid.net/au
<width>450px</width>
th/2.0/ux/popup
</SubjectType>

?

That doesn't seem right...

+1 on using XML parsers, though, and -1 on funny business with query parameters.

Dunno how I feel about this <Rel>http://some.URI.that.indicates.relationsip.is.self.or.sub.service.com</Rel>-stuff, though. What's the purpose of that? That's what the XRD top-level section is for, right?

Dirk.

I'm completely appalled by the notion of encoding that kind of
metadata as additional Rel or ResourceType or query string elements.
We've got XML parsers.  We should use them.

Cheers,
Brian