xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] xml dsig profile

Read the wiki page... +1

A couple of questions...

1. Could a proxy unintentionally change the "canoncialize-raw-octets"
stream? It shouldn't though I know that some proxies do gzip encoding on
the fly. Again, I don't think it will be a problem but wanted to make sure.

2. Should the verification process specifically define rules (or
reference rules) that require the signing certificate to be
"authoritative" for the XRD? The reason this came to mind is that a
proxy could completely swap out the XRD and it's Signature header. The
signature would verify, but would be signed by an entity not
authoritative for the XRD.

Thanks,
George