xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] XML DSig

On May 27, 2009, at 9:04 AM, John Bradley wrote:

> The IDTrust MS might come up with a bit of money.  It would be
> easier if the SSTC were a member.

true enough.  all i (we) can do is nudge.

> The Steering committee doesn't really have resources directly.
>
> Someone would still need to do the work.

I suppose what i was suggesting is using funds to hire someone to do
the research, given that no one seems to have the time to look at the
issue more carefully.

=peterd

> John B.
>
> On 27-May-09, at 8:55 AM, Peter Davis wrote:
>
>> On May 26, 2009, at 11:03 PM, Will Norris wrote:
>>
>>> Regarding language support, I don't know that a good analysis of
>>> the landscape has been done within in the last couple, at least
>>> that I could find published
>>
>> I too would much rather just simply use XMLDsig, but can appreciate
>> the developer dilemma, where historically speaking, there has been
>> lackluster library support at best.
>>
>> Will's comment wrt an analysis document, this strikes me as a
>> perfect use of IDTrust resources (eg funding) and independent study
>> of libraries/implementations of XMLDsig.  Drummond/John, is this
>> something you think we could could get them to deliver (in a timely
>> fashion).  I'd love to do it myself, but would never find
>> sufficient time.
>>
>> =peterd

>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/
>> my_workgroups.php

Peter Davis: NeuStar, Inc.
Director & Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
45980 Center Oak Plaza Sterling, VA 20166
[T] +1 571 434 5516 [E] peter.davis@neustar.biz [W] http://www.neustar.biz/
  [X] xri://@neustar*pdavis [X] xri://=peterd
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
you have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.