xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] XRD feedback from Scott

I am not sure how much we need to spell out the relation between the transport caching directives to the document's expiration directives. While they are used pretty much the same way, they have slightly different semantic meanings. In practice, if used over HTTP, the way the spec is written today is how it should be implemented (the earliest expiration date of the two). Otherwise you violate either HTTP or XRD (or both).

Maybe we should simply say that clients should comply with the caching rules of the transport used and leave it at that.

EHL