xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Re: Proposal for XRD 1.0 signing to use constrained XML dSig

Dirk Balfanz wrote on 2009-05-31:
> Ok, the last one is more of an opinions, I guess:
>
> - incorporating a SAML library for the purpose of getting the SAML XML
> dSig mechanism into our step2 library (which does some proof-of-concept
> XRDS signature verification) would probably have been more work than the
> two lines of code it takes to generate and/or verify the signatures
> without any canonicalization (see
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/XmlDsigProfile).

I think I misread your last point, sorry. We don't do the signing in our
SAML library because it's a lower level feature.

Looking at your proposal there, I don't really know off-hand how likely it
is that I could reuse existing implementations to meet it. I'd certainly
have to write a lot more than two lines of code to do it.

-- Scott