xri message

Subject: TargetAuthority and TargetSubject

After the conference call on Thursday, where I got everybody side-tracked by confusing Subject with TargetSubject (these used to be called NextSubject/NextAuthority, I believe, in some earlier draft) I got thinking about these names.

I think they are unintuitive. TargetSubject as a name carries more immediacy than NextSubject. As a terminology, it is jargon that appropriates a fairly generic word to have a very specific meaning (of a subject that is a delegate for _this_ subject, as opposed to _this_ subject itself).

Could the terminology be more self-evident? I agree that 'Next' is an over-used word and implies time-sequential order as opposed to the intended meaning (delegation).

My concrete proposal is for SubjectDelegate and AuthorityDelegate. A Subject delegate is a delegate for this subject, so the relationship between a Subject and a SubjectDelegate when both present in a single document is more evident.

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk
+1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)