xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Question regarding XRI 3.0 resolution where a redirect isdesired

Bill XRI are left to right so I think you mean redirect to
@communitivity=Bill.Barnhill/+blog

The / indicates the start of the path and is used for service
selection not authority resolution.

So from an XRI resolution point of view.
  =Bill.Barnhill/+blog    is a one subsegment XRI with a path of
+blog   it is the SEP of your blog in the  =Bill.Barnhill XRD
=Bill.Barnhill+blog      is a two subsegment XRI with no path    It is
the XRD of your blog
@communitivity=Bill.Barnhill/+blog  s a two subsegment XRI with a
path  of +blog,  @communitivity has an authority service that resolves
=Bill.Barnhill that XRD is searched for a +blog service.

Don't know if that helps.

John B.