xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Question regarding XRI 3.0 resolution where a redirect isdesired

OK so you want to take a XMPP address and resolve it as a XRI?

Wouldn't that be @communitivity.com?

Are you thinking that this would be something that you could type
directly into a proxy resolver and get a blog page?

http://xri.net/=Bill.Barnhill@communitivity.com/+blog

In principal this should be a cross reference in that you are casting
a different namespace in to XRI.

Using the fact that the @ symbol is used in both formats to try and
overload the meaning may lead to issues.

It would work but every user would have to have a root iname and a
community authority server.

If you are not trying to use the web proxy then the non XRI discovery
format of XRD might work better for you.
It depends on the application.

John B.