xri message

Subject: XRD Status

On Jul 6, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> If we break the spec into schema and trust, how close are we to
> being done with the first part (schema)?

With the exception of the questions I just sent to the list, I'm
pretty comfortable with section 2 of the spec, which defines the
schema.  There are no remaining TODOs in that section, and I believe
it represents the latest agreed upon schema.

As for the other sections...

We still need to make a decision with XRD processing before I can say
the same for section 3... see the thread "Delegation Terminology /
Linked XRD" for discussion about processing instructions with regards
to the priority attribute.  Whatever we decide there will need to be
reflected in the spec.  Then we just need a short intro to XRD
processing, and section 3 is done.

Section 4, XRD Trust, is half done.  I'm comfortable with 4.2, XRD
Signature, since that is based on the text in SAML.  4.1 needs the
most work.

Section 5, Conformance, hasn't been written yet.  I'll see about
getting a draft of that going based on XRI Resolution 2.0