xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-07-16

Title: Re: [xri] Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-07-16

How about <Subject set=”beginswith”>?

EHL

From: Nat Sakimura [mailto:n-sakimura@nri.co.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:46 PM
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav
Cc: Scott Cantor; Drummond Reed; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

I like <Subject set="prefix"> beter than <SubjectPrefix> ...

Also, "prefix" does not seem to be a right terminology here for me
because it is not a prefix but is a part of the string.
Perhaps "forwardmatch" or "substr" etc. ?

=nat

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

Thanks. Then my <SubjectPrefix> proposal stands.

EHL

On 7/21/09 11:32 AM, "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote on 2009-07-21:
> So... I have a question to the security folks: since we don't really need
> Subject for host-meta, only a place to stick the trust subject, can we
just
> have a Subject-less document with an XRD-level <ds:KeyInfo>? But it does
> require being able to put the hostname, port number, and protocol details
> inside the ds:KeyInfo element which I am not sure is possible.

It's not possible semantically even it were made true syntactically via an
extension.

-- Scott