xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] subject sets (was: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-07-16)

I have finally read through this entire thread (which started when I was on
vacation). If I understand it all (which is not a safe assumption ;-), my
feedback is:

1) I agree simplicity is maximized if there is just an <XRD:Subject> element
with a single attribute, and that single attribute initially takes a single
value.

2) I'd suggest the attribute name "match", e.g., <XRD:Subject
match="beginswith">

3) No "match" attribute = exact URI match required.

4) Comparisions of Subjects across Links should be: a) exact match on the
URI value after normalization, and b) exact match on the attribute value,
all lowercase.

Hope this helps. I'll put it on tomorrow's agenda and hopefully we can close
this.

=Drummond