xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Designating a normative schema file

Drummond Reed wrote on 2009-08-18:
> Second, RE the normative schema files discussed in (1) below: OASIS rules
> are that we MUST declare only one schema file normative, i.e., if we
publish
> both RelaxNG and XSD, we must designate one as normative.

That matches our expectation, but as I told Will today, the current schema
isn't valid yet. I'm willing to produce a non-normative XSD, but I'll wait
until there's a final version of the original.

I know from experience that it's hard to produce valid schemas. If there
isn't the necessary expertise to do so here, then I strongly advise letting
me produce a normative XSD, because I *will* get it right.

-- Scott