xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Removing priority attribute from XRD altogether

Peter Davis wrote on 2009-08-27:
> My concern with this is that i fear that XRD instances which are
> dynamically generated within an application are able to produce
> service elements in the order they intend when serializing their
> object into XML.  I do not have sufficient exposure to enough XML
> libraries to know if this is truly an issue, however.

I mentioned on the call that the people who would have problems with order
are those using dumb or broken data binding tools. There are specs that have
made and continue to make such allowances, but I think this is a lot of
effort for the rest of us to help people using broken tools.

(A similar argument exists regarding making allowances for people that
insist on using non-XML tools to process XML.)

-- Scott