xri message

Subject: URITemplate processing

Eran,

Some time ago, you added the following sentence to the URITemplate
section:

> If a link contains multiple relation types with conflicting
> vocabularies or template parsing rules, or if a template contains
> unknown variable names, the <URITemplate> SHOULD be ignores.

Is that the right behavior?  I was thinking that, at least for the
first case of conflicting vocabularies, the result was simply
undefined.  I don't think that warrants an explicit instruction that
consumers ignore the template.  Depending on what "unknown variable
names" means, I'm not sure that should be ignored.  If that means
"variables which are not included in any of the corresponding
vocabularies", then maybe ignore the template.  But if that simply
means "variables for which there is no value provided in the input",
then it certainly should NOT be ignored... that variable would just be
replaced by an empty string.

I seem to remember discussing template behavior on a fairly recent
call, and that you were going to update that.  Do you still have
outstanding changes on this you haven't checked in?  Or should we
discuss this a bit more to make sure we have this language right?

-will