xri message

Subject: talking about types

There are a number of places where the text talks about the value type
of a particular element.  For example:

> <Subject> is a xs:anyURI value which identifies a resource.

Now technically, <Subject> is NOT of type "xs:anyURI", it's of type
"xrd:anyURI" (note the different namespace).  xrd:anyURI is a very
lightweight extension of xs:anyURI which allows for arbitrary
attributes.  So while it is inaccurate to say that the <Subject>
element is of type "xs:anyURI", it would not necessarily be inaccurate
to say that the text content of the <Subject> element is of type
xs:anyURI.

Do folks think that the above sentence should be updated to reflect
this, or am I just splitting hairs?  If it should be changed, should
it be changed to declare a type of xrd:anyURI?  Or rather should it
stick with xs:anyURI and just be more specific that the **value** of
the element has that type?

For what it's worth, I'm updating the Common Data Types sections at
the beginning of the document to more accurately state:

> All XRD URI reference values have or extend the type xs:anyURI

thanks,
Will