xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] <Title>

since this discussion is generally about management of XRDs, it's
worth noting that Joseph asked me some months ago about adding an
xml:id to <Link>.  This is actually more useful when there is some API
that would allow a service to modify entries in an XRD document,
needing to refer to a specific Link by ID.  While that kind of API is
still some ways off, and a <Title> element actually has application in
the nearer term, I think it begs the question of how much management
related elements would should be adding to the core spec.  While
having the title embedded in the document directly is certainly
convenient, it is by no means necessary (implementations could store
it elsewhere).  Nor does it aid in any way the primary goal of XRD --
to create a *machine-readable* format for describing resources.

-will