xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Links as atomic packages of optional attributes

would that imply that URITemplate would be called 'hreftemplate'?

One downside of moving these from elements to attributes is that
extension authors no longer have the elements to hang extended
attributes off of.  I don't think we had any real use-cases for adding
an extension attribute off <Rel>, <MediaType>, or <URI(Template)>, but
it's worth noting that we'd be losing that.

-will