xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] public review comments

Will,

Sorry I have been so behind on email due to Information Card Foundation-related travel last week and this week.

I completely endorse all of the below. Unfortunately I won't be able to be on tomorrow's telecon due to needing to travel to Victoria to meet with the BC government. But I will sent out an agenda now for the call tomorrow, and hopefully you and Peter and Eran can lead it. Please do take minutes and post them.

Thanks much - I will talk to everyone on January 7. After many empty promises, look for the first content-complete draft of XRI Syntax 3.0, and hopefully a first draft of the http/https binding before then.

=Drummond

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Will Norris <will@willnorris.com> wrote:
The current public review for XRD 1.0 ends January 6, 2010 which is about three and half weeks away.  Assuming folks will not want to have a call on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, next Thursday will be our final call before the public review is over.

The only official documentation I found regarding public review comments is in the OASIS Technical Committee Process[0] (section 3.2):

> Comments from non-TC Members must be collected via the TC’s archived public comment facility; comments made through any other means shall not be accepted. The TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments received, and publish to its primary e-mail list the disposition of each comment at the end of the review period.

That is somewhat vague on what exactly it is we are expected to deliver, but Scott noted on a call a couple of weeks ago that we will need to have something a little more formal than just the email responses that have been sent to the xri-comments list.  I know Drummond added some of the changes to the SpecHome[1] page, but I assume we'll need to put together a wiki page just for public review comments?  I'll see about putting something together this weekend.  I'm thinking something along the lines of:

## Brief title of comment

[link to xri-comment post]

[Description of comment]

[Official TC response, including action taken if applicable]

One of the biggest changes we made in WD10 in response to community feedback was to change many of the <Link> child elements into attributes.  Interestingly, I can't actually find any mention of this on the xri-comment list.  Eran, were these comments sent directly to you, or maybe to the webfinger list?  How much other feedback was received via these "unofficial" means?  The TC Process document quoted above is pretty clear that all feedback must come through the official list.  How do we deal with this other feedback, specifically as it relates to our official response page?  Using the above template, I have no xri-comment post to link to.

I'd like to have this wiki page drafted with all feedback to date in time for next week's call so that we can discuss any outstanding issues.  We should then be in a pretty good position to move forward when we all return from the holidays.

-will

[0]: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.pdf
[1]: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XrdOne/SpecHome