xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] comments on Expires

On Jan 13, 2010, at 3:22 PM, Nika Jones wrote:

> I'm in agreement with the discussion on the Expires element being a
> superset of validity, with some somewhat strong language stating that it
> should not be ignored.

Well I think that's actually the question.  Is it enough to say that a document is "no longer valid" after the date indicated in <Expires>?  Scott seems to think so, and I'm inclined to agree.

What does it mean to say that it "should not be ignored", as you indicate above?  Unless we're actually going to instruct implementations as to what they SHOULD or MUST do with an expired XRD document, and I'm not sure that we should do that.

-will