xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Re: Proposal for an X.509-based XRI Trust Profile

Okay, summarizing the two points I raised in the discussion today
about the XRI spec.

1. Give guidance on how extensions can adapt the profile to use other
trust anchor elements in the document (such as <hm:Host>) instead of
<subject> and <alias>

or:

1b. Do nothing and remove reference to host-meta. Then let LRDD trust
profile define how to validate a Host-meta using an 'XRD-trust-lite'
validation + matching on <hm:Host>

or:

1c. Make the 'authority name' or 'claimed subject' input optional and
define two types of validation:  validation without a claimed subject
'XRD-trust-lite', putting stern language that applications using this
profile should only use an empty 'claimed subject' if they have other
means to bind the XRD to the resource they intended to find meta-data
about (e.g., via alternative elements of the XRD defined through
extensions).

And

2. Allow root certificates to equal the signer certificate, in which
case the certificate matching step is not performed. I think this does
not add too much complexity to the spec.

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk
+1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)