xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Property, rel comparison

We can define that URIs are not supposed to be compared using
schema-specific mechanisms but then things will break because people
will use equivalent URI/URLs to refer to the same resource and
interoperability issues will appear.
This is not the case where making implementation easy is the most
important point. The spec should define URI comparison to be based on
the scheme-specific notion of equivalence.

Also, the recommendation to treat URIs as case-insensitive is just crazy.