xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Property, rel comparison

On 1/26/10 9:39 AM, "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

> I was under the impression that document isn't done. We can't update a
> normative reference on our end after CD without repeating CD, so if we're
> dependent on that spec, we would have a timing mismatch.

We are stuck until Web Linking is finished. I assume we don't have to wait
for RFC publication as long as the IESG vote is complete and it moves to the
RFC editor queue, at which point it can no longer change beyond minor
editorial changes.

Web Linking in currently in its second Last Call. I expect it to have
another revision but not another Last Call, and get to the IESG before
March. I don't know about the rules regarding changing a normative reference
from its draft to its final document, but if that's what we need to do, then
we'll have another 15 days CD review just for that when the RFC is finished.

Meanwhile, we will be done with XRD except for that dependency which would
be very helpful.

As for the open issue in Web Linking regarding how to compare extension
relation types, I will reach out to Mark, but if you feel strongly about it,
comments on the IETF Apps Discuss list would be helpful. We can't use a
different rule than what Web Linking uses because the whole point is to
share the same set of values.

EHL