xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] What is this XRD is for?

Breno de Medeiros wrote on 2010-02-04:
> If a <Subject> is present, then I think we should specify what it means.
> <Alias> should be interpreted as 'metadata also for X' where, where 'X'
> is inferred from the Alias using the same rules for the <Subject>.
>
> My thoughts currently are that the resource is the equivalence class
> of URIs in a scheme-dependent way. My thinking is that these URIs are
> alternative representations of the same resource, and XRDs are
> meta-data about resources, not about a URI string.
>
> E.g.: http://EXAMPLE.com http://example.com/ http://example.com:/
> http://example.com:80/ are alternatives for http://example.com.

Without getting into the usual resource/representation mess, is this more or
less just what we agreed to on the call last week? That normalization of
Subject/Alias would be scheme-specific per the RFC?

I was just trying to understand if you meant this in contrast to that
conversation, or...?

-- Scott