xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] What is this XRD is for?

> Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote on 2010-02-04:
>> Can both denote the same resource but one uses HTTP and the other ACCT.
>> If an XRD has the HTTP in the subject, that's all the XRD is about. If
>> that XRD also has the ACCT one in an alias, all it means is that the
>> resource identified by the subject can also be identified by the alias,
>> but it does not mean that the properties and links associated with the
>> HTTP-identified resource apply to the ACCT-identified resource.

To clarify my complaint here, I'm understanding you to be saying these
things (assuming there's a <Subject>):

- The content of the XRD is about a resource identified by the <Subject>
URI.
- Any <Alias> URIs identify the same resource as the <Subject> URI.
- The content of the XRD is NOT about the resource identified by any <Alias>
URIs

The third item makes no sense to me based on the first two, and I can't
imagine I would be in the minority on that.

I don't think you want to start opening the resource vs representation
rathole (nor do I), so I think you have some other thought process I'm not
following.

-- Scott