xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] What is this XRD is for?

Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote on 2010-02-05:
> Didn't say it is NOT, just that this is not a foregone conclusion. The XRD
> might be about the Aliases too, but that is *application* specific (where
> the rat hole of resource vs representation lives).

Well, you did actually say "not", which is why I was confused, but I'll
leave it alone. I'm not intending to debate URI theory, but if you make
explicit statements in the spec about the relationship of the XRD content
and the subject URI in terms of words like "resource", it's somewhat
unavoidable.

I think my concern is that you will find that nobody who isn't familiar with
that rathole is going to end up treating the Alias in an
application-specific manner. They'll do exactly what you'd expect and treat
it as "the same thing" for application purposes, and if that's ok, we're
fine.

-- Scott