xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] XRD and JSON

The current spec is done and locked. I don’t have an opinion about other options.

EHL

From: Will Norris [mailto:willnorris@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:31 PM
To: XRI TC
Subject: [xri] XRD and JSON

As Joseph mentioned in his email to the xri-comment list, Google is wanting a JSON representation for XRD, at least initially for use with XAuth[1].  He and I came up with something last week that is actually pretty decent.  The next question though is, is this anything that this TC cares to address?  If so, what form would it take?  An appendix to the existing spec, a separate specification, something else?  If the TC is not interested, then Google will probably just publish something separately, but I wanted to check here first.

(Of course signing is a big problem for any JSON document, but that's a separate issue altogether)

-will