xri message

Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-hammer-hostmeta-10

-----Original Message-----
From: apps-discuss-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:apps-discuss-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Eran Hammer-Lahav
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:35 PM
To: Apps Discuss (discuss@apps.ietf.org)

After recent discussions at IIW about use cases for both host-meta [1] and LRDD [2], I came to the conclusion that there is little value in the multi-link-sources approach (collecting links from host-meta, HTTP headers, and HTML elements). Since the latest LRDD draft requires obtaining host-meta as the first step anyway, it significantly reduces the value of using links elsewhere (for this purpose).

The new host-meta draft incorporates the host-meta parts of LRDD, including the registration of the 'lrdd' relation type. My intention is to abandon the LRDD proposal and focus only on host-meta. Those using only host-meta are unaffected by this change.

Feedback on the latest host-meta draft is requested.

EHL

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-hostmeta
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-discovery