xri message

Subject: xri2xrd.net

Hello XRI TC, OpenXRI list,

I set up an experimental service that maps the XRDS format currently used by XRI Resolution [1] to the XRD format [2].

E.g. try this: http://xri2xrd.net/=markus

You will get:

<XRD xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/xri/xrd-1.0">
<Subject>http://xri.net/=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24</Subject>
<Alias>http://xri.net/=markus</Alias>
<Link  rel="http://openid.net/signon/1.0" href=""https://authn.fullxri.com/authentication/" />
<Link  rel="http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/signon" href=""https://authn.fullxri.com/authentication/" />
<Link  rel="xri://+i-service*(+contact)*($v*1.0)" href=""http://contact.fullxri.com/contact/" />
<Link  rel="xri://+i-service*(+forwarding)*($v*1.0)" href=""http://forwarding.fullxri.com/forwarding/" />
<Link  rel="xri://$res*auth*($v*2.0)" href=""http://resolve.fullxri.com/ns/=markus/" type="application/xrds+xml" />
<Link  rel="xri://$res*auth*($v*2.0)" href=""https://resolve.fullxri.com/ns/=markus/" type="application/xrds+xml" />
<Link  rel="xri://$xdi!($v!1)" href=""https://xdi.fullxri.com/=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24" />
<Link  rel="xri://$res*auth*($v*2.0)" href=""https://resolve.freexri.com/ns/=web/" type="application/xrds+xml" />
<Link  rel="xri://$res*auth*($v*2.0)" href=""http://resolve.freexri.com/ns/=web/" type="application/xrds+xml" />
<Link  rel="xri://+i-service*(+busy)*($v*1.0)" href=""http://www.busystatus.com/iservice/" />
<Link  rel="magic-public-key" href=""data:application/magic-public-key,RSA.iXT0Icgj-FwyP-Ji5z1ud7vWnWHKRwLXaVPuMlV5AcwjlhlF8qK9l55Ybni6WQxVpPXUqIJuMPVZbB-N0MKxl7cpKaMIshbn-mmXMYyONn_cT0PlfVwJgoiGjmndb1T3elIjvALBKgtt--QHUi8qhBEN3_TiD_mJa9-foZcnNE0=.AQAB"" />
</XRD>

The mapping is lossy, i.e. not all of the XRDS semantics are completely carried over to XRD.
If you have thoughts/comments about the mapping, please let me know.

A tool like this can be useful to make i-names compatible with discovery mechanisms such as LRDD and Webfinger.

The code for the xri2xrd tool has been contributed to OpenXRI.

Markus

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27432/xri-resolution-V2.0-cd-02-rv-04.pdf
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/xrd/v1.0/xrd-1.0.html