Subject: Re: Call for Nominations - meetings

At 00/05/10 00:05 -0700, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
>Even though I have not yet decided whether I have the time to join
>as a voting member (and do I still have time to decide? Please
>remind me of the deadline), I have obtained firm managment approval
>to offer telcon hosting, as well as face-to-face facilities in the
>West Coast.

Wonderful!  Assistance is what I was hoping for and I'm pleased to hear
that it is Sun who has offered to help.  Thanks so much!

Okay, then, how about face to face meetings June 5 Washington (to launch
the project), October 6 San Jose (day after SIGS conference), and December
8 Washington (day after GCA conference)?  Although that is two east and
only one west, I suspect many people will be at the annual GCA
conference.  If not, we can make that a teleconference as well.

We could then have conference calls first week of September (6th?),
November (8th?), January (17th?) and February (14th?) ... with the end
product delivered at the GCA XTech 2001 conference (March? Texas?).

This schedule will require *hard* work on our parts, folks, if we want a
polished product.  It would be nice to have a good draft for the December
conference.

I am in Europe now so may not be as responsive as desired ... I will go
with the above schedule in the call for nominations if I don't hear any
dissent.  I will post the revision (no comments on my proposed
deliverables?) my Thursday evening and if no comments received my Friday
morning, then I will send it to the ACTC.

Thank you again, Eduardo!

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/