Subject: Re: Call for Nominations - meetings

Here at Lotus headquarters in Cambridge, we have easy access to PictureTel
videoconferencing systems. I can't commit to a whole videoconference right
now, but we can certainly be the Northeastern site and have people come
here from "nearby" locations (e.g., New Hampshire). The fewer nodes the
better, because conversation is not as smooth as face-to-face.

I propose that once we get the membership identified, we take a more
serious inventory of our respective conferencing capabilities. We also
started to talk about whether we want something beyond the mailing list for
asynchronous discussion, though I'm leaning against further development
there until we establsih a need. In other words, most of the work would be
by mailing list and its associated archive, and the few synchronous
(same-time) discussions would be a mix of face-to-face and some form of
teleconferencing. The set of people who participated in the preliminary
organizational discussion was relatively clustered (into 4 clusters IIRC),
so prospects are good for teleconferencing.

We might be able to have a face-to-face here in Cambridge, if several
members will be attending XML World in Boston on September 5-8.
.................David Marston
                 LotusXSL Team