Subject: Request for Creation of Technical Committee regarding XSLT/XPath Conformance

Dear ACTC,

Please find below our request for creation of our committee.  Our first
meeting is Monday in Washington, D.C.  We look forward to your direction
and counsel regarding the successful operation and fulfillment of our
objective.

Please let us know as soon as possible if there is more that we need to do
to get underway ... we are enthusiastic about our mission and we look
forward to getting started.

Thank you!

............ Ken

        REQUEST FOR CREATION OF THE XSLT/XPath Conformance TECHNICAL
        COMMITTEE

        Members of the XSLT Conformance mail list have proposed to
        form an OASIS technical committee chartered to develop and
        publish the OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Report.

        The proposed deliverables of the TC are as follows (subject
        to minor adjustment):

        (1) - entire report content in XML (normative)
        (2) - package of entire suite of associated test files,
              result files, and catalogue in XML (normative)
        (3) - report configuration document model in XML (normative)
        (4) - sample human-legible rendition(s) of report in
              HTML (non-normative)
        (5) - sample machine-legible rendition(s) of report in
              XML (non-normative)

        In the year following its proposed formation, the TC is
        expected to meet as follows (subject to minor adjustment
        with member agreement; some dates are associated with
        industry conferences and need to be coordinated); Sun
        Microsystems having agreed to provide phone conference
        services:

          June 5, 2000 Washington DC  - face-to-face (at NIST)
          July 6, 2000                - teleconference
          Sept XML World, Boston      - face-to-face/teleconference
                                        combination
          Oct XML One Fall, San Jose  - face-to-face (at Sun)
          Nov 8, 2000                 - teleconference
          Dec XML'2000, Washington DC - face-to-face
          Jan 2001                    - teleconference

        The following OASIS members and employees of OASIS member
        organizations have nominated themselves to serve as voting
        members of the TC and have accepted the purpose,
        deliverables, and meeting schedule described above.

            John Evdemon
            XMLSolutions
            john.evdemon@xmls.com
            (888) XML-XMLS

            John Robert Gardner
            ATLA-CERTR, Emory University
            atman@vedavid.org/jrgardn@emory.edu
            770-935-9644

            Tony Graham
            Mulberry Technologies, Inc.
            tgraham@mulberrytech.com
            301 315 9632

            G. Ken Holman
            Crane Softwrights Ltd.
            gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
            +1(613)489-0999

            David Marston
            Lotus Development Corp.
            David_Marston@lotus.com
            +1 617 693 5370

            Carmelo Montanez
            Computer Scientist
            NIST
            (301) 975-2874

            Lynda VanVleet
            Testing Engineer
            Class Integrated Quality, Inc.
            (714) 368-0985

        The chair of the TC is G. Ken Holman.

        As leader of the XSLT Conformance mail list, I hereby request
        that the ACTC create the OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance
        Technical Committee with the members listed above and empower
        it to fulfill its described purpose, including the power to
        form such subcommittees as are provided by parliamentary
        authority.