Subject: Re: How do we collaborate on our documents?

At 7 Aug 2000 15:14 -0400, David_Marston@lotus.com wrote:
 > I've noticed that our committee pages on the OASIS site are set up to
 > publish working documents, but only at a high level of formality. So far,
 > we have Tony's first cut at the discretionary parts of the specs, but my
 > additions (sent 7/5/2000) are not added in. Is this simply an unfortunate
 > byproduct of the fact that Tony's list was an attachment and mine was
 > embedded in the message body? Do we need a different way to build these
 > documents collaboratively? Who will publish the documents in the special
 > section of the Web site?

A revised and renamed discretionary behavior document is attached.

The additional items don't always fit well with the idea of recasted
the text of the Recommendations as a question that can be answered by
'yes' or 'no'. For example, 'Is the string generated by the
generate-id function implementation dependent?'

The additions also identify a single paragraph from the XSLT
Recommendation that specifies two areas of discretionary behaviour.
The XPointers that are being used to identify the elements in the
Recommendations containing the descriptions of the discretionary
behaviour don't provide enough granularity to differentiate the two
areas in the one paragraph.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632

xslt-xpath-discretionary-behavior.html