Subject: Canonical XML

This may be worthy of an agenda item. Actually, the larger question of how
a test lab detects that "correct" output occurred is probably the agenda
item.

The W3C is moving ahead with the Canonical XML standard. If no major
stumbling blocks arise, it will probably reach Recommendation status by the
time we issue our first report and test suite. If they settle on a
minimalist approach to emiting namespace declarations, then everything we
need will probably be covered. (There will be some items that they will
leave as unable to canonicalize, but I think there are none that we'll
depend upon.)
.................David Marston